Once Upon a Time in … Hollywood, Quentin Tarantino’s ninth movie, follows a declining movie star (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his stunt double (Brad Pitt) through the last golden days of Hollywood in the late 1960s. (Above, a party at the Playboy mansion.) The film, which also features Margot Robbie, Al Pacino, Dakota Fanning and James Marsden, is jammed with pop-culture references and tributes to Los Angeles landmarks, and outlandishly reimagines the Manson Family murders.Continue reading “Movies worth seeing in theaters – August 2019”
- 15mm Napoleonic Highlander Regiment (48)painted based metal figs, wargame ready
- Mount Front Upper Kyosho fmw-607
- 1 48 Belcher Bits Sea King Sponsons BB1 & Sonobuoy Dispenser BB2
- KOTOBUKIYA Neon Genesis Evangelion EVA-00 PredO TYPE TV Ver. Model Kit NEW new.
- Polar Lights Batmobile from the TV series Bonus Batman & Robin model kit NIB wow
- Vintage Tudor Tru-Tone Xylophone with colord Tones
–TIM GREIVING in Los Angeles Times
Films like Blackboard Jungle (1955) pioneered the popular music soundtrack, and The Graduate (1967) was scored with Simon & Garfunkel songs, Greiving writes, but Easy Rider first demonstrated the break-out appeal of a “song score” to a youthful movie audience.Continue reading ““Easy Rider not only helped define the counterculture … it also revolutionized the movie soundtrack.””
Documentary filmmaker D.A. Pennebaker, creator of Don’t Look Back, the black-and-white, cinema verite film that chronicles Bob Dylan’s 1965 tour of the U.K. Pennebaker died August 2 at age 94.
Quoted by Randy Lewis in Brawa 67453 - Güterwagen G10 m.Hbr. DB Ep.III - Spur N - NEUContinue reading ““Don’t Look Back is a kind of fiction, but it’s Dylan’s fiction, not mine. He makes it up as he goes along.””